Thread: Lights
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Contributor

Don't know what I was useing yesterday to measure my voltages but to day everythng is tickady poo. I was going to use a digital volt meter I bought off E Bay to monitor my voltage. It was a nice small one. Electronic. Any way when I hooked it up everything whent caputts.Turn the key on and the starter engaged. I mean what can you do wrong,negative is negative and positive is positive. I got readings off it for a while till I turned the key on and the thing tried to start. A couple minutes later it was toast.Went today to Princess Auto got a nice analog one. Works perfect. Tested all my voltages with a volt ohm meter and everything is fine. I get a little over 13 volts with both running lights on. About the same with my day time running lights. If I turn everything on it drops just a little under 12 volts. So I think everything is ok. I want to get a bigger battery or double up with what I have.The analog one is giving me correct readings and looks good. Have to nail everything together to morrow. Will send some pictures of my new lights and new dash.