View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 09:15 PM

Blaster shocks are 13.5" eye to eye, whereas your stock rears are 12" eye to eye. You will have to get creative if you can not weld, as the eyelet spacers on the blasters are much wider. You either need to find a low heat way to cut them down to avoid destroying the bushing, or weld in new wider mounts. You can try the back yard method as well, which involves cutting a few pieces of flat stock and making a shackle of sorts to fit the shock and bolt the other end in the stock locations.

I'm sure just about everyone here agrees, a grinder and welder are almost required for this hobby. Take a look at mine and CKAU's builds and you will see the amount of work needed to make the spider's trail worthy without breaking something every outing. As for the front end, you can always opt to send out the entire front end to buggy d*pot and have them reinforce everything, but this will cost some coinage.

As for the ball joints mentioned before, I have the BD ball joints, and I really wish I had gone with heims up front instead. Tell you what, I'll cut ya a deal on my set, only has about 4 miles on them.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'