View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Carbid and Helix run notoriously lean from factory. Factory is usually 114. In stock form they like to have a 125. I've done extensive testing with these machines using a wide-band O2 sensor.

Not a single time have I had to change a pilot jet and you shouldn't either. It is very rare that you need to change a pilot jet quite frankly. The first picture that you had of the plug didn't look too bad to tell you the truth. Focus on the tip and the porcelain you see below it. Somewhere I have a picture of a perfect plug on here I'll have to see if I can find it.

American Sportworks carburetors are unique for some reason. Where a lot of machine like a 108 main, if you tried to put that in a Carbide it would blow up due to being lean.

All of our tests were done at 800 ft above sea level so you are not that far off from us. I'm going to have to look at our old threads from when we did all the testing but if I remember right, a UNI and an aftermarket exhaust liked a 150 main jet. While that may seem high, it is a product of the carbs that are put on the carbide and helix. That's what our machine loved and the wide-band backed it up..but again, that was at 800 ft.

For the speedo's, they are notoriously off and the faster you go the farther off they are. We used GPS exclusively to speed test and the fastest one we had did 41mph if I remember right. the Helix was actually faster with the fastest one with same build running 43mph.

We used a 12g slider to give us the best all around performance boost. We gained a little better take off and were able to not lose any top end. Those sliders were the ones that allowed us the 43mph top end test.