Thread: Hatchet Job
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 08:41 AM
Power User

Major hurdle cleared in getting the lower rear shock mounts made and in. 1" tubing with support stubs down to the swingarm, some 1/8th plate welded up into c-channel on top of the tube. Gives me 4 positions to choose from.

Also added a piece of angle to my bearing hangars to help support them, they still need triangular gusset plates on the lower inside areas to tie into the swingarm box tube on the underside.

May or may not add a brake to the rear axle. hubs --the axle and hubs are the old SUnl 150 single seater parts. have rotors mounted to them but at the present time i have no provisions for hanging a caliper off the bearing hanger.

Front brakes are straight-up stock LTZ 400 so no real work to do there but running lines and installing the master.

Seat is being a bit of a pain in that i only have 19-inches of chassis width at the leg bolster area (front). this is putting most low-cost seat choices out of the picture since they're wider. It may get the 944 seat out of my rig with a cover on it, other option is finding a reasonably priced used kirkey.

Still have my rack to mod and rack connections to make. after that it's floor and panels time along with engine rebuild and hanging. trying to get some sprocket to engine dimensions for external reverse setup so when i located the engine and drive sprocket, i set it up so i can add reverse later if i choose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rshk.jpg (88.5 KB, 23 views)