View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Lurker

Awsome info bro, I really appreciate it. Ya I figured this 150cc will be a decent starting point to get in the game on somewhat of a budget.

Reading ur post has brought a few questions to mind.

I didn't catch the 6 " intake part, are u saying yo make a snorkel type and relocate with a uni filter? Or is there something else u meant?

The exhaust, I haven't came across any header pipes, are they just any pipe that's aftermarket?

The sprocket for the chain, I been having a hard time finding info on, I'm curious what stock is usually on a 150, and also where to buy, how easy to install...

I've been looking at the A12 cam already, and a racing variation with 12g sliders and the 1.5k spring.
I understand the cam ratings and what they do differently, but I'm curious is it's wise to focus on the cvt first, or the engine?basically, should I upgrade trany or make engine breath better first?

The trails by my house have some decent long grade hills and some short hill climbing, I think a solid mixture of both speed and torque is where I want to be because there are opportunities for straight aways and fast riding, but then some areas with heavey turning and terrain.

and to speak on the jets, I havent read much about the pilot jet, but I was thinking that at such high elevation a lower # rated jet would work better due to thinner air, where is some good info on the whole re jetting process here with these engines?

Thanks!