View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Contributor

here is short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHd9VjU73oU I'll try to get out to mine and take pictures later.
I ran the cable down the middle, angled over to the passenger side at the swing arm, and up the back. I tried coming in from the side, but did not like the way it was working. Use tie wraps, tape, etc to hold it to the frame.
Make sure you are at idle before you tighten the screw. First time I hooked it up it was slightly past idle and took off on me !
The spring that came with it was weak, I went to lowes and got a "box of springs" down at the end of the hardware aisle (where you probably got the shaft screw) and one of them worked. I went 2 aisles over a got a 6" or so "holely" metal bracket and took off one of the screws on the engine to mount it sticking out to the driver side, hooked the spring on, and worked great. (really wish I had the pictures to show you).
I've found on these engines, if you pull more than twice and it does not start, stop and look to make sure the gas is on, the choke is on, the kill switch is not on, etc. They seem to always start with less than 3 pulls.
There is also a link for the kill switch hookup, have to go find it again.
Hang in there, you will learn a lot by making this work !