Thread: Just venting
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 PM

Default Just venting

The title says it all. I found out this week, that my income potential at my dealership has been capped indefinitely. I find this a hard pill to swallow, considering the level of work expected by management, and the fact they also expect me and a few select senior techs to basically babysit the new guys, and make sure they don't cost the dealership money by screwing something up, and ensuring all repairs are performed correctly, and efficiently, all while denying monetary compensation or promotions. When asked for a reason behind locking down our salaries, I was told their 'profit margin' couldn't decrease. Keep in mind, the dealer charges in excess of $100/hr, and pay less than $20/hr, so even at my level, their 'profit margin' stays above 80%, with the proposed raises, that number would drop less than 1% for the highest paid technicians in the shop, and remain at or above 85% for the lower level guys, which is about 70% of the shop.

I feel that at my age(29), my earning potential should not be capped and allowed to plateau beyond my control, I figured at this point, my earning potential would begin to increase with my level of expertise, certification, and education. I am beginning to realize what used to be a good company to work for has been taken over by greedy share holders and managers.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to vent my frustrations, and get some validation from some of my peers without fear of retaliation from co-workers and snooping managers. I would like you to take this from the above, if you choose to use a dealership for service or repairs, steer away from corporate owned entities, as they treat their employees like numbers.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'