View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcjguy View Post
Hi all,

So I am new to this and I have a 2014 Kandi Spyder that I tore apart to repaint. The belt broke on the previous owner.

I took the drive pulley apart. The rollers have a flat spot on them. Pretty uniform. One of them the "outer shell" of the roller is worn down to the inner metal. Should I replace them?
Here are pics of everything. What should I do next? I do have a can of Comet GP-730A dry lubricant.

jpc, I'm thinking of the buggy you have, I'm pretty sure those are decent size buggies, and have decent weight to them. I know there 2 seaters also. So depending if your looking for a little more take off vs. top end I would recommend 10 gram rollers, and 10 gram sliders. Also the variator it self looks worn, either you can clean it out, replace with a new stock one, or they have different brand variators. So far I like the stock variator. Of course get your self a new belt. All and all you shouldn't have to spend more then $50. While you are in the cvt area, I would look over your clutch system, I bet its warn out.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.