View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Contributor

If we could only turn back time, oh man the things we would have done different.. lol... Very cool story about your Galaxy sounds like a neat car and I'll bet it was a blast with the CJ & 4 speed. Wow i'll bet you could buy a nice vaction home off the sale of that DOHC BB if you had it today.

I feel so very fortunate to have grown up in the era when we did. These cars were everywhere back then and very affordable. Cars had presents & character, back then & you could spot one coming at night and know what it was from the sound and the placement of the lights. On weekends we spent our days in the garage and the nights out prowling the street looking for the next squirrel, then it was off to mine road.

It was never like those lame fast & furious movies portray. I would be lying if I said I never got in a street light to street light battle, but 99.9% of the time we took it out of town and were never weaving in and out of traffic like the idiots do today with these fart can cars.

I know every generation thinks there "time" was the best but I really do wish kids of today could experience just a little of what we all had back in the 70's & early 80's before everything got so d@mn "safe".

I'm sorry, I'll step down off my soap box now.