View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
This is how i set my 6.5 tec up. I've done some mods to it exhaust and intake wise, and also ignore the zip tie hanging there. engine is in my daughter's buggy and is presently awaiting a new fuel petcock. The original spring/linkage system I'm pretty sure is designed to stabilize the throttle inputs and prevent rpm surging at WOT like you sometimes hear with older generators etc. as well as work with the governor to prevent overrevving.

You're most likely very close to this setup right now, if there isn't a throttle return spring on the throttle plate itself, put one on it. Mine is a pretty light, long one, shown in the last picture and just hooks into the end of the muffler.

I can adjust max throttle opening by bending the tang that the spring in the first pic is hooked to, by moving it to a different hole on the governor arm (this also affects throttle rate of opening), by adjusting the governor arm with the lock bolt on the governor shaft and by tweaking the governor arm end with the little clip connection to the throttle plate.
Thanks very much for going to the trouble of Taking the pics. Those and your write up are very helpful. I'm going in vacation for a week and will try your setup when I get back. Thanks again!