View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Lurker

Default Carter interceptor 250 won't start.

Hello everyone. I purchased an 07 carter 250 interceptor. Previous owner said it quit running. He said he could get it to start it would idle but then die and would not fire up again for a few days. It's in good shape so I went ahead and bought it. I have bought a couple of carbide 150s and with help from this forum and reading almost every page and piece of advice they are both running strong to date. I even bought a 250cc buggy with the Cn250 engine and that is running great as well. This buggy however has me completely stumped. The others had either electrical no spark issues or needed valves adjusted along with parts replaced. This carter buggy has spark. The fuel tank was full of bad fuel and carb was gummed up. I cleaned out tank, and completed cleaned out carb. With the other buggys I was able to at least spray some carb cleaner at this point and get something out of them. Nothing here. I have adjusted the valves as per a scooter sym 250 spec sheet. Intake .10 mm(.004) and exhaust .15mm(.006). I haven't really been able to find much on this buggy. I guess I should've looked around for info first but it looks awesome and is in better condition than any of the other buggies I have. I hope someone can help me out here. The only thing I am unsure of is the carb that's on it. P/o said he bout a new one bit I'm not sure if it's the right one or if it matters. As in should it at least start and run bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (89.2 KB, 14 views)