View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:52 AM
Contributor

I'm gonna bet you are gonna have to run something down in the 1-teens before you run in the 120s since you have the factory exhaust. Even with the opened up intake the exhaust is still pretty restrictive.

I'll second don't bother with the scooter CDI's. I was hard headed didn't listen when they told me, and still tried one. Ran it for about 2 hours before it found a home on the shelf. A coil is a coil. There is one on mine right now that actually was on a yamaha 350 big bear, it should be hotter if any of them are. I thought the buggy one was acting up and swapped it to test. Just haven't swapped back yet. The biggest gains on these (besides big bore) is opening the exhaust, opening the intake, and fine tuning the trans. I'm sure there might be some gains with playing with timing but I've yet to see an easy and cheap way to do it short of building and tuning a one off cdi system.

I will make a suggestion and quit swapping multiple parts at once. These small engines are so finicky small changes get pretty big results good or bad. It's a headache looking at parts waiting to be installed but it's way bigger headache tracing what exactly is wrong when you throw 2 - 3 things at it at once. Esp when it comes to a point you have to swap all those parts back out with stock to start troubleshooting.

Last edited by neo71665; 08-13-2018 at 04:11 AM.