View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 10:08 AM
Lurker

Default Carbide 150 wont start

Hello, I am stumped. My kids' buggy up and died the other day after about 10 min of driving and I cannot get it to start again. It spins just fine but will not fire. First thing I checked for was spark. It definitely has that, my kid decided to go ahead and crank it before I could ground the plug to the engine so it sent voltage all the way up my arm. So I tried spraying a little starting fluid in to get it to fire, nothing. I pulled off the filter to double check it wasn't getting choked, nothing. Checked valve clearance and it was perfect @ .004/in .005 exh. Checked to make sure the vacuum operated check valve off the fuel tank was operating, it seems to be fine. Took the carb completely apart and cleaned/checked passages. Oil level and color appear fine. Spark plug tip looks good. Battery has good voltage.

I'm looking for any help on what to check for next. It just doesn't make sense. The thing was running great, then when they brought it in to park it just died as they came to a stop and never started again.