View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 10:33 AM
Lurker

Default Help wit New Buggie recomdation for young boys on hills.

Need help selecting a cart for my boys. I have been able to see the Trailmaster XRX/R locally. It has reverse and the Black Honda 5.5 HP Clone. CVT trans. they want 1799. I drove that one and it felt good. But not sure It would make my hills all day long?

I do think the Mid size is good for a starter Kart for my boys.

Also saw a Kandi Kart 110cc GY6 engine. I dont know anything about the GY6. I was not able to drive it. Is it better? louder? maintenance? they want 1599. It has the 3 speed semi automatic trans. I Don't think I want the semi auto trans.

I am mostly concerned with hill climbing ability. I have a few acres of rolling hills. If I had to guess I would think the max grade is 25 to 30 degrees. Most of the hills are probably about 15 to 20 degrees.

I would prefer more low end for that. There is not a lot of area for them to get it up to speed.

Also I see these same Karts are much cheaper online. Like $1000~ delivered. I am very mechanically handy. Any reason I should not order online? Are any of the online vendors more reputable????

So one of my main questions is the different engine types.... Honda Clone vs GY6, and any advantages vs disadvantages.

Any should I be looking to order a different model than the trailmasters or Kandi Karts? My general budget is $700 to 2000. I dont mind spending on the higher end of that budget if it is worth it... But like to save money where possible.

Thanks for all you help.. All comments will help.