View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Contributor

hair scramblers should be set up with natural equalizers in the track.. Last year there were multiple switch backs where a 150 could eat up even a 125hp redline. But then the whole back section was big cc terrain. Open and whoops so cc and suspension counted.

Cahrley won ast year for a few reasons. Mainly, like me, thats his kinda riding. But any 250+ machine could have killed him if they new how to run the whoops. All the big machines took the whoops down the center. Bad idea if you dont have 12+in of travel and 1000 bucks min in shocks. Charlie set his machine right on the edge of the grass. Never even had to let out. Some said it was'nt fair, I say the man knows how to pick his line. Same line I picked but being it was my event my time was not counted for some reason.

Drags comes down to reaction, hill climbs come down to HP and stearing reactions picking a line before hand. Scramblers come down to the complete ability of the driver. When to let out, when to throtle in, where the front tire has to be set, how fast can you look past where your at, make a choice, and react. If you aint at the top of your game, 1000cc wont win a scrambler