View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
With your setup all you need to do is the following. Tools needed are hacksaw, 1" hole saw, wooden dowel to snugly fit end pipe. First remove if equipped chrome end cap, using hacksaw cut exit pipe as close to muffler as possible, knock wood dowel into remaining exit pipe to use as pilot, using 1" hole saw cut out end which will leave a hole slightly larger than 1" hole in end of muffler. If you know an electrician ask for a short piece of 1" conduit. Put your end cap back on if equipped and then tap that piece of conduit into end of muffler just enough not going any further than thickness of muffler. Remove end cap if equipped and mig or gas weld new larger exit pipe. This reduces the restriction greatly for cheap. You can also replace by cutting off old muffler and replacing with a FMF slip on muffler. Also where the header pipe bolts to head remove the pipe and you will notice a ring welded to end of pipe which seals pipe to crush gasket in head. This ring is welded on the inside and will look like bird s#!t on a metal pole. You will want to grind the globs of weld using a die grinder with a stone on end to smooth out this weld which also is a restriction.
What a great idea to shove a dowel into the hole to guide the hole saw! Unfortunately my muffler's guts have come loose and rattle like crazy. I would have to cut it open and remove the loose baffles then perform your method which would make it to LOUD. If I can find one with a larger header that will fit a Crossfire, that is the way I would like to go. Any idea where I could find a replacement?
Tachometer
28mm Pumper Carb
Redneck Intake (6") and UNI Filter
HP CDI, Coil and Plug Wire
Iridium Plug
1932 AHOOGA Horn
A12 Cam
P&P Head
58.5mm Piston/Cylinder Big Bore Kit
LED Light Bar, Head Lights, See Me Lights
Cigarette lighter w/2 USB charging ports
Oil Catch can