View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 04:36 PM

I have to agree with the build it mentality, to a point. If you build/mod something, you make it YOURS. You build how you want it, so there are no compromises. There won't be a 'I don't like Y option, but I love X engine' type issues, at least not for long. Once you get the hang of cutting an welding, the rest will fall into place. As long as you have the right tools, you can make anything happen.

One thing not mentioned above, is space. You will be surprised at just how much space a disassembled Yerf takes up. I put my frame on saw horses for many of the frame mods, and moved everything around that. The front end, swing arm, engine, tires and wheels take up a lot of awkward room. When I finally got it on the ground, I was reminded how small it was, even though I could barley walk through my garage. Keep in mind, many of the tools you need will need to be stored in the garage along with all the parts.

If I had to ball park it, you would spend roughly $500 on beginner tools, and a couple hundred between engine parts, front end mods, and general bracing and gusseting materials. For now, you can even skip the pipe bender, and grab a drill press in its place. The price for tools seems high, but they are one time expenditures, and will save you time and money down the road. also invest in a small fire extinguisher if you are welding indoors, and never skimp on the safety stuff(glasses, gloves, and welding helmet to start).

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'