View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

Not sure what buggy you have, appears to be a 4 seater which I have never seen before. Kinda hard to be certain but it looks as if the top of clutch pulley was hanging up on the frame which I've also never seen. Assuming it gas a GY6 motor, on the back is your chain adjustment which when tightening chain moves the engine up and to loosen chain will move the engine down in it's cradle. Not sure how much downward movement there will be but if you loosen the rear adjuster the engine will drop hopefully enough to remove the clutch. However from the sound of engine in video it sounds electrical that is the ignition is breaking down. Make sure the 2 coil leads to back of coil are tight than get your volt ohm meter and start at the ign. switch making sure you have 12 volts to ign side of switch. I've seen switches go bad to where you have 12 volts coming in but much less to ign. side. If OK than using ohm meter check the coil for too much resistance. Not sure of your readings but google it and you will have all the info in front of you. If the coil also checks OK than it will be in the CDI. It could also be a fuel problem but I can't be sure from the video and if I remember correctly you have a new carb and fresh non ethanol gas. If true than I would not suspect it.