Thread: Roketa
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Roketa

Hey everyone. I'm new here. Over the last few months I have been kicking around the idea of getting a buggy, and I've finally decided to pull the triger. I've done some looking around at the different carts available and for my needs it seams like the 250's might be the way to go. I just don't think the 150 will pull me and my son around like I want. He's only 25 lbs rigt now but growing fast. I'm about 220....and growing (:
Price point is improtant of course, don't have a limitless amount of cash to spend, who does anymore?
It looks to me like a lot of the chinease carts seam to be the same thing just with different brand names. There is a Hammerhead dealer in town and those carts look pretty sweet I have to admit, but the 250 is close to 4 grand and I just can't see my self coming off that kind of cash.
SO here's my question. What's the strait deal on the Roketa buggies? I've read quite a bit about them in review's and a lot of folks don't seam to care for them to much. The main gripe seams to be that once it brakes you can't get parts for them. When I look at the carts some of them seam pretty well made while others... not so much. The GK 06A (250) for instance looks well made. Go Kart USA is sold out right now so I'll have to wait to see if they bring it back for 2011 or not. Looking at the cart it has some really beefy a arms and that looked like the weak link on the previous modle. One of the other brands on GoKart usa (Sorry I don't remember the name) had what apperared to be the exact same kart but with a 300 engine. ( the 250 may be a bit weak for a big kart I don't know.)
The reason I'm asking so much about the Roketa is that I have a guy that can order them for me at cost, and get me parts if it brakes. He says the only real problem is they don't use lock tite and stuff rattles lose. He says if you stay up on the mantinance a lock tite everything that gets loose you'll be ok.
Any advice? Thanks!