View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Power User

managed patch up the steering arm and get all four paws back on the ground. Put in about 1/2 hour of ride time before the night shift.

Shot some vid, still battling with the conversion process and having it come out with the video and audio in sync or complete, oir not in slow mo .... anyone with experience with a HD hero and NCH (prism converter and videopad or even windows moviemaker) software, please let me know what encoder bitrate settings you're using! This is worse than 6 months of grinding! Can't remember what i used to convert the last vids.

Aluminum bolts held up well--don't think i want to deliberately test their shear point.
Can't really feel the bent axle, just not going to catch any air (intentionally) with it until i have something strong enough back there. pulled the hub to check, last 2 inches of the axle has a really visible bend to it.

Still have to play with the alignment and shock settings. Stiffened up the front a little too much by moving the top and bottom shock positions out on a shallower angle, dialed in a bit too much pre-load on the springs and had a bit of the porpoising action going on.

And of course, i broke it

Throttle cable clamp (the 3203 lock collar deal) slipped on the rod. (thought i ran out of gas Went a little "magilla" snugging it back, felt the bolt give and a minute or two later it snapped when i floored it. No biggie, just a bit of a pain since i'll have to pull the seat to fix it.

I had planned on an additional crossmember on the swingarm, but i'm going to hold off until it needs a new axle setup. Gonna squirt it, finish the cladding then put up the pretty pictures....