Thread: Hello Everyone
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Lurker

Default Hi Zapper

Hi Zapper thanks, I think your right about the site and the competitions, although I haven't had time to read a great deal as yet, seem like a bit of fun.
I probably should mention I'm designing my own buggy and can think of nothing better than working through new ideas, they make me tick.
I have a large single seat design and the closer I get to finalizing it the more ideas and details seem to present themselves. The buggy may knot be the norm for this site but its ideas that I think are important and thats just a buggy thing so here's the plan:
I have a Hayabusa 1300, 1999, complete bike, accident damaged but seems to run good and no noise or smoke.
Fox 18 x 2 inch coil overs with res, no springs as yet (front)
Fox 16 x 2 inch air shocks (back).
Fox 16 x 2 inch 3 tube by-pass shocks (back).
Grey area 4 piston front brake kit.
Stubs, combo for A-arm.
930 CVs.
Its something I've been wanting to do for a long time and the ideas have been coming together for a few years so I've brought the parts I think will work with the end result and are trying to gather as much information as I can to get the plan finalised.
As I say maybe knot what everyone wants but I hope the Idea at least will stir some interest and if so I will post a build thread when I'm ready to start getting things inplace.
At the minute, I'm budgeting a welder and for Cromo thats probably going to be a Tig, then I'm teaching myself to weld. . . lol. . . if I sound optomistic, I am.