View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dambull View Post
I thought about the clone but a motor guy said no replacement parts carb etc.I'm still thinking Batman mod but I think I'm going to start fresh with a new motor.already pulled old one off bought a new clutch,new chain,new belt.there just sitting in a bag waiting on my decision on a motor.I can't decide looking for one with least mod needed to work.if I had all your equipment would be no problem actually looked at a gasless MIG welder at harbour freight but wasn't to sure about the gasless setup and it was 110 the two together scares me maybe if was 220 .motor choices so far a briggs 8 HP 3/4 shaft a honda 6.5 robin 7 HP I could mod the Honda the most,the briggs would almost be a direct fit ,and people say the robin motor best off all.I'm still in the air but winters here so I'm in no hurry,maybe ill get a welder so I could go wild like you lol.
I figured $110 for the 6.5 clone with a 15 month no questions asked complete motor replacement was a good deal. The clones are alot better than the tecs, powerwise and reliability.

Be sure to reinforce the swing arm if you do decide to go with the larger engines.

For all the welding on this project I used a 110 volt lincoln pro core 125 wire fed welder with .030 flux core wire (gasless), it can be used as a MIG but works fine for projects like this without gas. It can easily handle the work, I had the power setting on low the whole time.

This is the welder I have. I picked it up about a year ago. I also have a AC/DC lincoln stick welder I used for big jobs.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_2961-1703-K2...ntity_sold%7C1

As far as tools all I really used was a Harbor Freight tube notcher, hand grinder with cutoff, sanding & grinding wheels and your usual basic hand tools

Last edited by Kartjet52; 10-04-2010 at 03:31 PM.