View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 07:36 PM

So today I went back into the CVT and found that I did put the 14gr sliders back in.

But I did find that the variator was sticking on the boss pin. I think it was hanging up and not allowing it to open up all the way.

After cleaning it (boss pin) and the variator I.D., it spins and slides really nice now.

I also removed the NCY roller base from under the contra spring, just in case the spring was binding up and not allowing the rear pulley to open up all the way.

Took her out for a spin and appears the RPM's were lower than last time at WOT.

I have found that the belt doesn't ride all the way to the top of my stock variator. I'm prob about 2mm from the very outer edge according to the wear marks from the belt. So if I can't reach the top of the stock (112mm I believe they are) how would it ever reach the top of a 115mm performance variator without ever going to a longer belt? Or trying the perfromance rear pulley from KNM, or the Motorio one on Ebay that's supposed to open up an additional 3mm?
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........