Thread: Can I do this?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
pedal buggy-I think it could be done! the GX240 needs a good steel mounting plate, I haven't seen the pedal buggy but I'm sure it's pretty light weight metal where the chainsaw motor wouldn't need much structure to mount.
Back in 1984 I bought a power wheels truck for my son, after a few months it was trashed(plastic wheels wore through), I put a moped engine (I believe around 36cc) in it with regular go kart racing wheels & slicks and turned my 5 yr.old loose!!! 6mph (battery powered) versus over 20mph with the gas engine> short wheel base + sharp turns = rode rash!!! The seat belt only held him in place to get more abuse when it rolled. We still laugh about it now that he's grown.
SHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Metal!!!!! You don't want the liberals to hear that your child had any unadulterated fun as a kid. They will think you are a terrorist. LOL. I really didn't think that the chainsaw motor would go that fast. Either way I think it would be a gokart for less than a hundred bucks. Just google tractor supply and pedal car, you will see it.