View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 07:36 AM
Heavy Contributor

well after beating my head Friday and Sat. I was about to give up. But decided still had one thing to do. Blow out the entire system with air. Got up first thing Sun. Took the Master apart. disconnected the brake line. and took out the bleeder. Spent about 20 mins making sure everything was clean as I could get it. Now since I already had the master cyl apart, went a head and bleed the system as suggested on BD website. Turning the master up side down, connected the master to the brake, removed the piston. filled from the res. let fluid come out of the master. Then put the piston back. then kept filling with the bleeder open this time. Bleed it out until about 5 Res. went through without any bubbles. shut the bleeder. Then put the rod and clip back in on the bottom, while still upside down. (which is a pain when it full with fluid and the damn shock is in the way. ) But got it done. Pumped the brakes and finally had pressure.

For some reason dont have as good brakes as did earlier this year. Brakes will lock up on dirt. But not on pavement with me in it. However, brakes are good enough so that can be driven safely. I have plenty of pad, so not sure what the deal is.

However, thanks everyone for the help. If I never bleed another brake in my life, will be to F-ing soon.