View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Contributor

Default Successful Helix Headlight Setup?

Hi everyone, while my Helix is still out for the count until I take apart the CVT for the 5th time or so I wanted to fix the light issue I'm having. I bought two 55 watt lights from Walmart half a year ago, wired it all up to the key and a switch (so the key overrides when I turn the kart off), which works perfectly except for one thing...

Everytime I run the lights the battery eventually dies after an hour of use. Now I do realize that the Helix isn't designed for the extra load of lights, and I hear that it has a smaller generator (6 pole stator or something of the like), but I was wondering if there was an easier fix, such as finding smaller wattage lights? Even without running the lights, the battery significantly weakens once a month, but I think that's normal since I don't run it often (especially with all the problems I've been having with it).

Can anyone recommend a simple replacement? It would be awesome if there are smaller lights that run off the same wires that came with the kit I got at Walmart, and I'll probably have to upgrade to the larger battery that the Carbide runs with (BS12). Of course I'd hate to sacrifice brightness though, but can't do much about that