View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 AM

Um. Well. You are supposed to have cats, but they are pretty lax about checking for them. This car may be the exception, depending on the noise level, but I really doubt he will drive it long enough to get pulled for the sound. It will likely get him pulled for doing 130+ though. Next year the car qualifies for antique registration, and it's my understanding that the regulations are different, too.

That said, Duval county was the last in Florida to do emissions testing, and that ended about 10 years ago. Sometimes I wish they would reinstate it, and get some of these junkers off the road, but I digress.

The exhaust is a flowmaster dual fit 2.5" mandrel bent universal kit. With the magnaflow muffler, it puts the exhaust kit right ate $350. The closest complete exhaust runs over $800, and will not fit these headers or subframe. The best part is still to come, the over-axle pipe, which should add a few more greys to the beard. Also, much of the time spent on the exhaust was making it serviceable, meaning you can unbolt the clamps and drop sections out without cutting of dropping the engine out. Very handy if you need to replace starters or clutches. Seeing as I will likely be the only one willing to work on this bastard child of a car, a little time now, will save lots of time later.

The wiring is 90% done underhood, and around 60% under dash. I am keeping all the swp connections under dash to keep things clean. Reusing the Miata relay block and fuses to run everything had its frustrations, but the owner agrees it looks as factory as it could be, which is what I wanted.

The intake is a little too close for comfort to the pulleys and alternator, but thats how he wanted, it that's how he will receive it. Should be ok as long we don't start tossing belts.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'