View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 08:35 AM
Heavy Contributor

Need a little help on this. Got the work shocks. I'm going to half to do some adjustments. But one thing puzzling. I'm not a shock guy. But will be learning. On the bottom side of shock. Where bushings are. Looks like there is a bearing there instead? Is this a normal thing, or something previous owner did? They don't just slip out. Feels like they are pressed in. If this is a stock thing, how does it mount? Does the bracket need to go around the bearing? Or does bearing slip in between to plates just like if there was a regular bushing there?

Also. Looks like since the springs go all the way down to bottom of shock. Exhaust going to be in the way. My exhaust comes out the right side, rather then the left.
If by chance to save some head aches, I'll just get a left side exhaust, if the pipe goes close enough in to the engine to clear the frame, where the bracket will be mounted. Can someone look, or grab a pic, to see if there exhaust stays tight enough to engine that it's not above the bottom frame of the cage where the shock bracket is.

If need to, will heat up the pipe, and do what adjustments I need. But if there's a exhaust out there, that can avoid that, might rather go that route.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170111_075312.jpg (88.6 KB, 8 views)