View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Now let's see if I can get it to run again! Cleaned the carb's, checked the timing(static setting),temp. wired the coil/points and........IT RUNS All good things end. It ran on choke only and would barely rev up w/back firing.Now to trouble shoot- points look OK but condensor is weak (based off volt meter) coil is weak too(I have spares that will work). Ordered a set of points & condenser($35.- way cheaper than a vintage CDI) but will take 2 weeks to get here(bought NOS OEM parts). Then magic happens A friend calls this morning and asks me to get my dolley out to my driveway.He just picked up a 82' KZ750 (4 cylinder) and needs me to unload it here! in the box of parts w/the motor is a set of dual points & condensers.I managed to make a set for mine & fired it up till my order gets here. Still not running right but I'm closer to getting it right. Smoke from the exhaust is probably from me stitching the pipes together & who knows what kind of issues they had from their previous engines.Got to check the transmissions-they work as they should. Still have a lot of little things to do before I can take it for a test run. Crossing my fingers it'll DRIVE out of my buildingin a couple of weeks purring like a kitten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yeMvU8mHhw