View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

I got to test drive it on the street ,the only break in the every other day rain,way too muddy to drive on my track especially if it didn't survive the test! No video-no one here to take it for me. It ran for about a 1/4 mile before popping & backfiring when above 3,000rpm,then lost forward (kept jumping out of gear). Had to back up to get it home.First off-44T sprocket is WAY TOO low,got the new points in and seems to be working good & I'm real close on the timing-but didn't solve the popping/backfire issue. One spark plug lean the other rich that's why I'm convinced it's a carb. issue(ordered a complete rebuild kit). Changed the sprocket to a 39T (it's what I have), got the carb's going thru the sonic cleaner again-had to drill out 2 of the jets(previous owners stripped them). Got the shifter adjusted properly for forward.It has a low frequency vibration, so I'm searching for any lose body/chassis parts! So now I wait again for small parts!
If the carb's fix the problem then this motor may stay in it since it has more than enough power/bottom end torque for our needs and I'll finally strip it down soon(warmer days) for a well needed paint job.Hopefully a video soon