View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

Tom- Thanx-I've never seen a Joyner Trooper in real life to know what it looks like!
Played most of Superbowl Sunday & today as it was mostly rain free-I did snap a chain but grabbed some more used chain and went at it again
I ordered some new #530 & #520 chain w/extra master links now that I know it's viable. Must have a bad valve guide seal/seat as it smokes on the passenger side- but the plug is burning clean/tan,so I can't complain too much for the price,it still runs great. Trying to narrow down the vibrations/rattles-I should have expected rattles as it's all riveted metal body panels. It turns really tight again with the shortening of the wheelbase.I'm going to source out some larger/taller rear wheels/tires to try and get some more top end speed before sprocket changing again, I'm guessing it only goes about 35-40mph. I can easily climb our steep hill (50-60 degrees for 70') in 3rd gear. Right now with the 22" tires I have a 14"+ ground clearance-I guess a couple more inches up won't hurt the center of gravity since it's almost 60" wide. The rear mono shock is too stiff-so some adjusting is needed.Amazing how much light the inexpensive ($21.)4" LED lights put out with very little amp draw- I drove for a couple hours this evening. More video coming as the weather improves & I can get some one to shoot it.
I figured out what the exhaust came off of-"Honda V65" if anyone is interested.
More thrashing on my part to absolutely confirm this power plant & tranny combo is a keeper.