View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Lurker

I picked up the bearings on the way home and they didn't fit. The bore size of the wheel is 1-1/8" which I found out after knocking out some weird flanged bushing ...one on each side of the wheel. One wheel had a piece welded to it to make it 1". The tires are good but I feel at least one wheel will need replaced. IThe tires are 15x6x6 and look pretty decent and are holding air. I'm interested in wheel or wheel tire recommendations.

I went ahead and inserted the original bushings and some temporary 5/8x 3/4 bushings to take up the slop. Since the shocks were cranked up max I moved the shocks to the highest setting and this made the wheels about plumb...prob need new shocks eventually but will hold off for now. With the slop out, the driver's side wheel was pointing to the left, passenger side was straight when the steering 'lever' 90 deg. (centered in my mind). I adjusted the tie rod until it was straight. The right tie rod is bent and the rod end that connects go the steering wheel column is split...planning to replace if I can find one.

Last edited by Ryan937; 07-31-2013 at 10:13 PM.