View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeagle View Post
miadieddie. Thx for input. As said, dont mind putting out the money, long as it works as they say it does. Had purchased a so called Performance Clutch and bell. Put it on, and tried burnout putting my front tires up against building, on concrete. Right off the bat, the clutch started slipping. The bell had holes throughout, for cooling, and grip on the clutch side of bell. Bell was also balanced. Looked like nice setup. However, after looking at it better. The clutch pads where Almost half the size, in length than the stock clutch pads. Same # of pads. You could tell where the pads made contact to the bell. Pads where making contact to less than half the bell.
Put a brand new stock clutch clutch and bell in. Smoked the tires right off. No clutch slipage, that I could tell.
Contacted the company, and told them what was going on. Asking why it was doing that. If had warped bell or what? Was told I must have put the clutch in (incorrectly). LOL. Sorry, I have put plenty of clutches in that thing. See what works best, and just playing around. It was put in correctly. Not as much as some ppl here on here. But they are not hard to put on.
After replying back that it was put in correctly. And sending them pics, and that what they was saying, didn't explain, why the only contact from pads to bell, was directly in the center of the bell.
They stoped replying back to me.
So, would like some feedback, if possible from items that are so called (performance).
I feel you on this tkeagle, I remember the very first thing I did to my mustang 11 years ago was a "performance catback exhaust system" and what do you know I lost 1 hp on the dyno. Its stuff like that drives me nuts when you purchase a performance part and take the time to install or if you pay a shop to put it on and the part you bought was a loss or wash.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.