View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker3 View Post
Thanks man but I like the sound of this DR2 variator so I am probably gonna buy a kit.

With that being said, do you guys think that this kit would be a good start for gaining torque for hill climbs?
http://knmparts.com/150cc-Go-kart-TO...II-go-kart.htm
Thats the same kit i went with. I would suggest that you use sliders instead of the rollers. I tried mine with the 9/10.5 roller combo that came with it. I wasnt very satisfied, so i switched to 10/12 sliders. If you want it strictly for climbing you may want to try some 8g rollers for the lower weights and the 9 gram that come with it for your heavy. I bought a brand new pack of the 8g as well and never used them. In all honesty from trying the Dr Pulley and the DR2, if you are strictly going for climbing torque and not a mixture of a little torque and top end I would not reccomend the DR2. I noticed better all around torque with the Dr Pulley than i do with the DR2. I have thought about swapping back but I am currently tired of ripping my buggy apart to keep testing the variator.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust