View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Lurker

Well I tore the carb down and cleaned it out, there "may" have been a partial blockage in one of the jets but all good now. Also noticed that the air box between my air filter and carb was full of grass...luckily the mesh screen caught it. Cleaned them both out and it still wouldn't start. I had filled the gas tank a couple weeks ago when I was trying to figure it out, and it hasn't been running since then, so you can imagine how suprised I was to see NO FUEL going through the fuel filter. Checked the tank and found it BONE DRY. After scratching my head as to why a full tank can go bone dry without ever driving the buggy I topped it up and noticed a cracked fuel line was pissing out gas. Bingo! It all made sense. Replaced the fuel line with some clear surgical tubing so I could see what was going on and it starts no problem now. A little slow to respond to the gas pedal at idle/low rpm but seems to respond great at higher rpm. Only other issue is that there are occasional backfires from the exhaust. Is that an adjustment on the air/fuel mix on the carb or an adjustment of the idle?

Thanks for your suggestions guys!!!