View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 10:01 AM
Heavy Contributor

I would not say I'm an expert. But do have experience in the 150 class.
I'm around 250. My wife is 100lbs. But have given rides to friends that are 200lbs.
both of us in the 150cc buggy. Trail riding does great, even with the heavier weight.
We have a pretty steep, and big hill we go up and down all the time, and gets around fine.
Granted, top speed might be 30 mph at best with that much weight. But we not there to race. Kids love it. Fast enough so they can have good fun in it. But me knowing top speed with them might be 35mph.
My 12 year old son, loves taking other kids out for a ride. Even taking out some of the adults. Parents kind of shy about letting my son giving their kids a ride. But when I tell them, the top speed is only 35 mph. They seem to be much more at eas with it. Sounds like it's going 100mph. But I show them on trail Tech, what the top speed was for that ride. upper 20's most of the time, then they just let my son taking out all day.

Yes, I would love more power. And why I got, and working on a FL 350. But their isn't any time that we go out the farm, that I don't bring out the buggy, and give it a good run while we are out there. I don't think I would get rid of it, even had offer to get something bigger. It's a good, safe size, for kids and adults. And pretty sure if had something to big, might have much bigger problem having my friends let their kids go play with it.

With talk couching, my son will take a kid out. Show him the trail to follow. How fast they allowed to go around corners. What not to do. And makes sure they are strapped in good. Then Devan will let the other kids take the buggy for a few spins. Some parents get a little nervous about that. But them knowing it's not a (fast) buggy, will allow it. Then after a few runs, the kids are taking turns the rest of the day.
Just some FYI. not sure if that helps any. I'm a believer in the 150's. so easy to mod, and work on.
As far as Dunes. Not sure. Never been there. But sure someone on here has.