View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Contributor

I definitely have a good ground.. I installed a second just to be sure a while back.

High idle isn't from the throttle cable. When I started up the buggy initially it wasn't even connected.

I am always paranoid I'll be off a tooth any time I mess with cams. Setting the engine at TDC didn't yield a perfect level cam with the original one. I plan to check lash again after an hour of engine run time so I'll be sure to check and make sure the cam isn't off a tooth.

FYI for anyone reading this in the future - When checking for intake air leaks propane works really well (you can put a tube over a torch and direct the propane near the mating areas). Safer, IMO, than using starting fluid / ether. I haven't checked for leaks using this method yet but I did verify everything was torqued down well.

I really don't have the time to do all the testing I want to do - I want to do a top speed run with my bone stock exhaust and then swap to the trash buggy exhaust, gutted, to see if there is any difference. Also I want to do the same test but with the 30mm pumper carb.