View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Heavy Contributor

Trying to get them to hit over 35 on flat ground, will be interesting. Think have gotten mine to 33 mph. on flat dirt road. now I believe I have seen 35.5 with my son in the seat by him self. but he is 100 lbs lighter then me.
I've never tried, but still have my older smaller axle sprocket. With the reverse gear, sure I would get better top speed. But really more interested in the lower end. I can hit 30mph in 300 feet. actually 348, is my test strip length. I'm guessing that's pretty good.

maybe if I lose 50lbs I can hit the 35. I really do need to lose at least 20.
some time going to take of the bottom steel plate, and replace with aluminum. be interesting see how much can lose there. Bet over the years, of reinforcement, and Heavy Duty Parts, added 50lbs to the buggy, over standard Yerfdog. But worth it.

As far as your calculations, not sure you will see results that you get. If you go on my thread, and doing test runs, with the 348 feet test strip, I have recorded countless runs, and one thing I noticed, the rmp, don't stay the same or match up to the top speed. Some times, I believe, didn't change a thing, run doing multi runs, and 1 run could have 8500 rpm, at top speed of 30.0mph. and second run of 8460 at top speed of 30.0mph.
not sure why that is. I use a trail tech. good device. But maybe not 100% accurate? I don't know. or is it just how the belt happens to sit on the pulley?