View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@BD View Post
With respect, shadow and xlint I disagree with much of what is being said.

xlint, damage from valve float isn't something I've ever witnessed or heard to be an actual occurrence on the GY6 (though it is mentioned a lot in theory). Do you know of any specific cases of valve float causing damage to GY6 engines? If so, who did the post-mortem breakdown and reached that conclusion? Buggy models with the 27/24 large valve routinely and safely hit 12,000 RPM in stock form directly from the factory.

On both of these counts, I feel that bits of info like these are repeated to the point that they become common knowledge, but untrue.

Also Pripyat on the sprockets: The larger sprocket on the reverse, 39T axle sprocket, and 22" rear tires all work very well together and are a good match for most rider weights and terrain. Though it sometimes comes down to preference, it's very unlikely that you will need to change anything with gearing after adding reverse.

With that said, after big bore and stroker (depending on a lot of skill factors) you will have enough power to run the 31T, gain top speed, and still have significantly increased low end power over stock. I don't recommend removing the 39T until after you go BBK and stroker.
Sorry for the hijack Pripy, just want to address his Q's.

Ironically, you happen to hit 2 birds with 1 stone here.

1. My first real world test of the 39T sprocket on my yerf (stock internal gearing, 22" rear tires and the 39T rear, but don't remember if I had reverse installed yet or not) I was on the road doing a WOT run when the engine lost compression and shut down. No tach installed, but the engine was screaming.

Bent INT valve. No head damage, so installed another and was good to go.

2. Easter Sunday I was riding my nephew around the track like I always do. On the straight away, once again, engine revving pretty good, she shut down.

This was with reverse, 22" rear tires, 31T rear sprocket, NCY ported head with NCY performance valve springs, A11 cam

Complete engine failure.

My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........

Last edited by xlint89; 12-07-2017 at 09:57 PM.