View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@BD View Post
xlint: I disagree that over-revving was the cause of the engine failures. At most, RPM was a contributing factor that uncovered an underlying problem in both situations. Again we can get into more detail in a separate thread, but to sum it up: two failures with many other variables isn't a big enough sample size to outweigh the long track record of bone stock GY6 engines hitting 10k, 11k, and 12k every day under normal use. Every GY6 is capable of safely running these speeds with a stock 27/24 head from the factory.
Not having a tach, I honestly don't know what RPM I was at. However, 2 valve failures at high RPM was enough for me.

My engine was not stock. And Pripy is asking about upgrading his engine. So not stock again. Maybe the A11 has a higher valve lift that may lead to valve float VS. stock? Or maybe the springs are weakened due to the added lift? I'm not sure.

I do know I have beat on this latest engine combination harder than anything before it with 0 issue.

Please don't take this as aggression. Just sharing my experience
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........