View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 01:05 AM
Contributor

Default 6 pole to 8 pole??

My question is since it seems like everything I seem to search leads to 11 pole upgrades/questions is the 8 pole a direct plug and play replacement for the 6 pole?

I'm pretty sure due to the age of my buggy it has a 6 pole stator. A buddy that parts out atvs and motorcycles has an old 150 gy6 scooter he has stripped and sold most usable parts. Due to past problems with selling used electronics it has all those bits and he told me I could have them. It has an 8 pole stator but missing the flywheel. Will my 6 pole flywheel work with the 8 pole stator? I've come across some that say yes and some that say no. I'm gonna go with a 11 pole eventually but this is free so even if it's bad I'm just wasting my time. I just don't want to waste it pulling it all apart to find out I don't have all the parts and have to put my old stuff back on.

I'm about 99% sure the wiring and reg are the same. Am I wrong on that? If I have to rewire and/or replace a bunch of parts for the 8 I might as well save the headache when I go 11 pole.

Thanks