View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Lite Contributor

Well, I am at my wit's end. I invested in a hand pump/vacuum bleeding tool, couldn't get anything out of the bleeder valves. Disconnected all three brake lines and brake light sending unit from the master cylinder; blew air from each of the three bleeder valves back through the lines, got some discolored liquid from them but proved they are not plugged.

Removed the MC, cleaned it, all appears to function properly. I can get suction at the four outlets on the MC when depressing the two plungers. Tried to bench bleed the MC, and got fluid coming out of the four holes, not much, but definite. Put everything back together, and still cannot get fluid to and out of the wheel cylinders.

Questions:
1. Can the banjo fittings at the ends of the hoses be turned so that the holes in the bolts don't align to/with the cylinder(s), preventing the passage of air/fluid?
2. Can the two rubber grommets in the bottom of the MC block the little holes in the bottom of the reservoir, preventing fluid from going where it should?
3. Is there something else I'm missing?
4. Anyone interested in a Kinroad buggy with no brakes?

The front brakes worked, but not too effectively, before I first tried to bleed the system. Now I cannot build up any pedal pressure. The plungers and pistons in the MC work.