View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roketadazon250 View Post
My 2006 dazon 250cc was running fine until I tried to upgrade my cdi with the New Racing CDI which I got from ebay(the blue one). After I hooked up the cdi I tried starting it and nothing. So I put my old CDI back on and it would not start. I checked the inline fuse and it is fine. I checked other connections and they are fine. It will crank fine and sounds like it wants to start but it does not. Can anyone tell me what could have gone wrong? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Ok so I checked all the connectors and they are not loose and connected correctly. I have a roketa 250cc that uses the same CDI (I think) and I plugged it in and it wont start. I tried the Dazon cdi in the roketa and it would not start either. i am not sure if they are the exact same however. But i plugged the cdi back into the Roketa and it starts fine. I traced all the wires on the Dazon and they all seem fine. Could something have burned when I attempted to hook up the aftermarket CDI? The ONLY inline fuse is not burned out and it appears fine. I swaped out my stator on my Roketa and it stays on when I remove the battery cable so I assume the stator will not cause the Dazon to NOT start if I accidently burnt it out in my attempt to install the aftermarket CDI right? Any other thoughts on why it wont start?

I also swapped out the coil from my dazon to the roketa and the roketa started fine. However the coil from the Roketa did not work on the Dazon.
I had the same problem with my dazon . i installed and yellow performance cdi from Erik over at buggy news it would start run for a 1/2 a sec then die and wouldnt start again . put the oem back on and it fire right up did that twice and just gave up on the upgrade cdi . but ill tell u put your money in a cam thats what makes the power plus a free flowing exhaust