View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks for all the replies bros, here's the latest update: I unhooked all the wires, remove the horn (didn't work anyway) took off the blinkers (also not working, found out why lol) and I took off the main headlights (they worked, just not properly and I was never 100% sure why) I took the huge mess of wires and slowly whittled away at every wire that didn't go to the start button, kill switch, or ignition. I also kept the brake light and "safety" brake wire feature in tact. Every time I cut a wire I checked to make sure it would still start that way if I made a mistake I could immediately just reconnect the wire. Luckily that never happened and boy am I happy! Now all that's left to do is get my new battery, and some lights and I'm good to go. I decided I am going to use the old "headlights" switch for the new blinker switch. Originally there are 3 positions on this switch: Off, low, and high. I plan to make this into the new blinker switch, going to be: off, left and right. So here's my newest problem/question, Can anyone tell me if there are lights that naturally blink/flash when power is supplied. I just want some that the blinking feature is already built in, I noticed in most dyi style blinkers they are getting this computer chip and wiring individual LED's. I DON'T want to do this, so can someone point me in the right direction here? I'm going looking tomorrow at places like Harbor Freight tractor supply, Lowes, etc. And other than that I'm going to get some basic utility light, and maybe a spot light or two for "high beams." I haven't decided if I'm gonna have 2 separate switches for the top and bottom lights yet. I will upload some pictures when I get a chance so you guys can see the before and afters. Wish me luck. And please keep sharing!

Last edited by BuggyLegend; 07-08-2014 at 07:10 PM.