View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Lite Contributor

ok, so I wired everything up and BOTH of my blinkers are flashing. I'm only doing rear flashers. I connected the 2 black wires into 1 wire and led it to the (-) on the battery. The red wires go straight from the light to the switch. I have a dual throw 3-prong switch (on-off-on) the center prong goes to the relay, then from the relay back to the (+) on the battery. Its as if when I hit the switch it connects all the circuit. It doesn't make since to me, please help. Idk what to do.... Also I didn't do a ground wire because I still don't completely understand the concept of it. Is it the same thing as the negative wire? or do the negative wire go to negative terminal and then a wire goes from terminal to frame? super confused about this. But I did the headlights with just wires going to the terminals and switch and nothing else and they're working fine.

EDIT: After looking online I found someone saying that it could have something to do with the ground. I'm thinking this is the issue, however, when I tested all this before I went full scale it worked and i didn't do anything different except that the wires were not full length as they are on the buggy. Its gotta be either that or the switch is somehow making a full circuit which I still don't see how that could be happening since when the switch is to the left the right blinker shouldn't be getting any power from the red wire, unless the switch was faulty, which would suck because they're like 5 bucks, and I just bought that one. So if someone could help me figure out how to do a ground wire the right way that would help a lot! thanks

Last edited by BuggyLegend; 07-18-2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Did some research...