View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 11:04 PM
Power User

Nothing better than repurposing .. until you use fresh tube, angle and plate, then you realize how much clean up work going with used stuff takes.

really hoped this would be a quick flipper, but I get too bogged down trying to make it as good as i'd want it for myself. matter of fact it then turns out better than i'd do for myself because i'll live with some dirty and grimy bits and pieces and multi-color parts spray-bombed dirty on the fly to keep the rust off.

Pics of the electric box, very basic. Spent way more time on the wiring than i ever have before. there's a bolt for the grounds to all tap together on in the box. Got rid of that crimped spider connector mess in the harness and made them all individual terminal ends to the lug. They lead to the coil mount, a short heavy jump from there to the engine and another goes to the battery. the battery has a separate heavy ground to the main frame (not connected yet in the picture). There's actually nothing that ties a ground to the main chassis, but if someone in the future goes to ground to the frame, it''ll work.

Harness straps are allen bolted to 5/16th-18 U-nuts with one leg of the U snapped off and welded to the frame. real easy way to tab for wiring, cables and body panels.

I have to re-do the bundle under the dash, it has the relay and connectors in it, wrapped with padded and velcro closure inserts from my soft carrying case from my rechargable drill. the wrap adds too much bulk and takes away the upper 3 steering mount holes. picked up some double-sided velcro straps today to replace the padding with. hopefully it will give more room and still look decent. it's really tight behind the panels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wbox.jpg (51.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg wpower.jpg (43.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg wframe.jpg (54.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg wdash.jpg (40.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 02-23-2015 at 11:09 PM.