View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
A clutch lever on the shifter is simple and proven but I love the idea of making it different.

Another simple way to do it, push forward to pull the clutch, left to down shift, right to up shift.
clutch is simple and proven, but I'm really afraid of not being able to keep my momentum trying to get the clutch lever pulled in and shifting either direction when slamming hard in the rough stuff.

While that dual axis another good idea, it won't work with my setup because i don't have enough left and right throw room.

However, flip that idea to putting a left/right pivot about a 3rd of the way up the shift lever with stops on it and a "push left to clutch in" cable run would and it would work. I have enough room for one sidewasy throw direction.

A locked-in ball pivot like one sees on a hood or truck cap shock rod on the clutch cable end to prevent wearing out the cable end and i could keep my front and rear shift setup.

Thanks liduno, that's even simpler than what i've been going at. may give it a shot when the time comes. Sry that this turned into a sort of threadjack Dan,!

Last edited by x-bird; 03-15-2015 at 07:29 PM.