View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 12:38 PM

I have to agree with X, even in FL they won't accept anything less than a full VIN without a Certificate of Origin. I know states differ, but I do know FL is one of the more lax states when it comes to titling things, I know this from registering boats older than I am(no hull ID#) and the trailers we pieced together from a few donors, and also from transferring boats and trailers in from states that don't issue titles for recreational vehicles. That was a fun conversation to have. I have this boat that does not have a hull ID, I do not have a state issued title, I do not have a current registration, and a trailer with no tag. Only saving grace is that I still had my old trailer tagged to my name, and they just gave me a new tag.

I asked about registering mine as a home built, or business transfer, and their reply was, make sure you bring the receipts for ALL of the materials involved, so we can tax you accordingly and make sure it is up to snuff. Ain't bureaucracy great?! I think for mine, I will 'come up' with a bill of sale and see what they say.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'