View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Contributor

Got a little time to work on my project this week end. Basically what I am doing is to get the front end and rear end setup they way I want it, then I will graft them on to the Yerf tub. So this weekend was time spent with the torch, cutoff wheels and sawzall to remove excess metal and mounts. There really isn't that much more to do on the front at this time, except to shorten the nose about 1'. The nose has a place to mount a winch, but for the type of riding I have planned, a winch is not needed. So the next step for the nose is to bob it off.

In the rear, I removed all of the motor mounts and some accessory mounts, as well as the skid plate. The skid plate was a royal pain. It was welded everywhere. The next step for the rear is to cut apart the Polaris frame and just use the section that holds the engine and transmission and set it in place to start figuring out where I will mount the Joyner 250 mid axle.

However, I am kind of back on hold until I can get my registration scheme figured out. I did have an appointment with the CHP on Friday (the 13th) to try and get a VIN for the Yerf, but as luck would have it the officer had to make a court appearance, so I have another appointment for next Friday. I let you know how that goes. For now, here is the little progress that I have made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front before 2.jpg (73.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Front After 2.jpg (70.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Rear before 2.jpg (73.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Rear After 2.jpg (66.7 KB, 45 views)

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.