View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Contributor

Went by the VW wrecking yard yeaterday and scored. . I was able to find the axle I was looking for. The axle came from a VW Squareback with an automatic transmission. These axle are "VERY" rare and I was kind of doubtful if they would have one. Well, I got their only one for $40. Played with it awhile last night and as far as I can tell it will put main sprocket almost centered on the car. I will probably have to lift the motor up a couple of inches, but If I do, it will actually make it easier to make the motor mounts.

Now I just have to replenish my buggy build slush fund. So time to sell off some stuff and do some outside work. Got 3 Honda ATC to get rid of, 2 -110s and 1-200. Joyner 650 transmission. Go kart axle and tires and Plastics, Pipes and suspension components from former dirt bikes (I hate EBay for selling).

The wife is fine with me building the buggy, she just wants a bigger 5th wheel trailer and doesn't want me to pull too much money from our general funds.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.